C. Emotions in Grayscale
In this workshop, I propose to explore new resources of black and white and shadows of grayscales. For this, we will work with black ink (brush and nib), black&white gouache, water soluble graphite, oil base black pencils, graphite pencil, etc
We’ll explore pencil stroke textures and create wonderful accidents with ink spots.
We will look for a sensitive view of the environment and try to convey different emotions in our sketches.
San Francisco on September 2, 2018, 10:00-4:00
San Francisco Presidio
In this workshop participants will:
- Work with grayscale using soluble graphite, graphite pencil, Chinese ink and black gouache.
- Practice different densities and intensities of black and graphite pencils.
- Explore the Chinese ink behavior
- Learn how to get the most out of water-soluble graphite technique
- Play with textures and spot accidents to express our sensations