Urban sketchers is looking for a passionate and innovative candidate to lead our organization’s messaging. This, as with all Executive Board roles, is a volunteer position.
The Communications Director will work in tandem with the Executive Board and with the President to develop a communications strategy that is in line with the organization’s mission and strategic plan, that will strengthen the connection to our community and enhance our outreach efforts.
Some of the key responsibilities of the Communications Director will be:
- Develop both the external and internal organizational communication strategies
- Working with various teams and committees to implement that strategy across all platforms
- Creating overall external messaging and guidelines to be used for all printed and electronic communications, including the organization’s website, annual report, mailing lists, and social media accounts
- Hone internal communication system and framework for efficient and transparent inter organizational communication
- Capacity to develop long-term plans and initiatives based on the USk Mission
- Responsible for overseeing paid advertising on social channels, as well as influencer partnerships to optimize reach and engagement.
The Communications Director will be a part of the Executive Board, which is composed of officers and directors who oversee the day-to-day management and strategic planning of the non-profit organization.
Being a member of the Executive Board requires attendance at our official quarterly meetings, and monthly meetings via video conferencing. Conditions permitting, the board meets in-person twice a year, one of the times during the annual symposium.
Executive Board Directors shall serve a term of two years and, if proven, may be renewed, but limited to four consecutive years of service by one person in the same role.
- Is an active Urban Sketcher
- Is experienced in a communications leadership role
- Possess the ability to develop clear communications goals and the metrics to measure progress across various platforms
- Is experienced in working successfully with diverse groups and volunteers
- Has quality communication skills – both written and oral
- Has the capacity to develop long-term plans and initiatives based on the USk mission
- Minimum one year in a USk leadership role at the chapter or committee level is preferred, but not required
- English language fluency is required. Additional language proficiency is desirable.
If interested, please submit your CV and a letter of interest to Uma Kelkar, firstname.lastname@example.org by April 7, 2022. Your application must include 3 urban sketchers references.