Are you passionate about Urban Sketching? Do you believe in the power of education to inspire and connect people through sketching? If so, we are looking for an exceptional individual to join our team as the Urban Sketchers Education Director.
As the Urban Sketchers Education Director, you will play a crucial role in shaping and advancing our educational initiatives, working closely with a dedicated committee. Together, you will have the opportunity to guide both aspiring and experienced Urban Sketchers, develop educational resources, and foster a vibrant community of artists from all over the world. This volunteer position offers the chance to make a meaningful impact on the global Urban Sketchers community.
Education Director Responsibilities
- Together with the Education committee develop USk global educational strategies, both immediate and long term.
- Embody and promote the USk mission of storytelling through on-location drawing.
- Coordinate the work of the Education Committee.
- Oversee the USk Workshop program and USk Symposium programming.
- Oversee the Reportage Grant Program.
- Ensure that USk Education information is kept updated on the USk website
- Develop initiatives that promote urban sketching around the world, especially as it pertains to education.
- Serve as the liaison between the USk instructors and the rest of the organization.
- Work closely with the Events Director and Regional Chapters to develop educational events.
The Education Director is also part of the Executive Board, which is composed of officers and directors who oversee the day-to-day management and strategic planning of the non-profit organization.
Being a member of the Executive Board requires attendance at our official quarterly meetings, and monthly meetings via video conferencing. Conditions permitting, the Board meets in-person twice a year; one of the times during the annual symposium. The organization covers the expenses related to these in-person meetings
Executive Board Directors shall serve a term of two years and, if proven, may be renewed, but limited to four consecutive years of service by one person in the same role.
Skills, Work Experience & Qualifications
- Teaching experience in art, drawing, or urban sketching.
- Experience in working successfully with diverse groups and volunteers.
- Proficiency in English. Proficiency in at least one other language is strongly preferred.
- Public speaking, organization and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Participation in or strong familiarity with USk education activities.
- Capacity to develop long-term plans and initiatives based on the USk Mission.
- Minimum one year in a USk leadership role at the chapter or committee level.
- A background in Art Education or Fine Arts related fields are an asset but not required.
Does this opportunity resonate with you? Do you feel a strong drive to support and foster the growth of Urban Sketchers around the globe? If so, we would love to hear from you. Join us on this exciting journey and help us make a lasting impact on the Urban Sketching community!
Please submit your CV and a letter of interest by July 14, 2023 to email@example.com.
We look forward to your application.