Want to make a difference? Have a knack for leadership? Keen to oversee membership initiatives? You won’t have to do it on your own! You’ll have a dedicated committee to help you. Sounds exciting?
Join our team at Urban Sketchers (USk) as the Vice President & Membership Director. In this combined role, you will have the unique chance to lead in shaping the future of our organization, foster the global growth of Urban Sketching, and lead our efforts in engaging and supporting our valued members.
Position Summary: As the Urban Sketchers Vice President & Membership Director, you will be stepping into a volunteer role with a one-year term, which can be renewed for a maximum of four consecutive years in the same position. This is an exciting opportunity that could potentially lead to an even more significant role as President, based on the needs of our organization or recommendations from our Executive Board. To ensure a continuous influx of fresh perspectives and the opportunity for new leaders to emerge, the maximum tenure on the Executive Board is capped at five years.
This is a chance for you to make a real impact, contribute to our vibrant global community, and help shape the future of Urban Sketching.
- Supports the effective governance of the organization by the Board, while also facilitating its smooth functioning. Responsibilities could include assisting with committee operations, recruitment and orientation of new board members and potentially chairing ad hoc committees.
- Collaborates with the president to ensure the smooth progress of meetings and other organizational activities. In the absence of the president, the vice president assumes their duties.
- As the Membership Director, collaborate with the Membership committee, chapter administrators and volunteers to assess the short-term and long-term needs of the Urban Sketchers community. Nurture aspiring groups in their journey towards becoming official chapters and provide support to existing chapters to facilitate their learning and growth.
- Being a member of the Executive Board requires attendance at our official quarterly meetings, and monthly meetings via video conferencing. Conditions permitting, the Board meets in-person twice a year, one of the times during the annual symposium , and the organization covers the expenses related to these in-person meetings”Attends monthly video conference meetings of the executive board, including two face-to-face meetings (one at the symposium, the other as designated by the Executive Board). Presides at board meetings in the absence of the President.
- Work with the President to plan, and execute the annual in-person Board Strategic Planning meeting, including setting up communications and coordinating program and logistical details with hosting chapters.
- Have demonstrated leadership skills, fostering collaboration and working effectively with diverse teams.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities, capable of handling multiple responsibilities.
- Proficiency in English. Proficiency in at least one other language is strongly preferred.
- Previous leadership experience within Urban Sketchers, such as a minimum of one year in a chapter or committee role, is an asset but not required.
- Ability to develop long-term plans and initiatives aligned with the mission of Urban Sketchers.
- Passion for Urban Sketching and active participation as an Urban Sketcher.
Are you excited to make a significant impact on the Urban Sketching community while providing leadership, overseeing membership initiatives, and collaborating closely with the committee to accomplish our goals? If so, we invite you to join us in the rewarding role of Urban Sketchers Vice President & Membership Director. Together, let’s shape the future of Urban Sketching, foster its global growth, and create a thriving community for our members!
Send your CV and Letter of Interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 1, 2023.