Urban Sketchers is currently seeking a new Education Director to serve on the USk Executive Board starting December 2023.
If you are interested, please submit your CV and a letter of interest by July 14, 2023 to email@example.com.
Direktor für Bildung Responsibilities
- Develop USk global educational strategy, both immediate and long term.
- Embody and promote the USk mission of storytelling through on-location drawing.
- Coordinate the work of the Ausschuss für Bildung.
- Oversee the USk Workshop program and USk Symposium programming.
- Oversee the Reportage Grant Program.
- Ensure that USk Education information is kept updated on the USk website
- Develop initiatives that promote urban sketching around the world, especially as it pertains to education.
- Serve as the liaison between the USk instructors and the rest of the organization.
- Work closely with the Events Director and Regional Chapters to develop educational events.
The Education Director is also part of the Executive Board, which is composed of officers and directors who oversee the day-to-day management and strategic planning of the non-profit organization.
Being a member of the Executive Board requires attendance at our official quarterly meetings, and monthly meetings via video conferencing. Conditions permitting, the board meets in-person twice a year. One of the times is during the annual symposium.
Die Amtszeit der Exekutivdirektoren beträgt zwei Jahre und kann bei entsprechendem Nachweis verlängert werden, wobei die Amtszeit einer Person in derselben Funktion auf vier aufeinanderfolgende Jahre begrenzt ist.
Skills, Work Experience & Qualifications
- Academic background in Art Education and/or Fine Arts related fields.
- Erfahrung in der erfolgreichen Arbeit mit unterschiedlichen Gruppen und Freiwilligen.
- Proficiency in English. Proficiency in at least one other language is strongly preferred.
- Public speaking, organisation and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Minimum one year in a USk leadership role at the chapter or committee level.
- Participation in or strong familiarity with USk education activities.
- Be an active urban sketcher.
- Capacity to develop long-term plans and initiatives based on the USk Mission.
Please submit your CV and a letter of interest by July 14, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application.