Chicago Sketch Seminar 2019 will be held in Chicago on May 31 – June 2, 2019. Seminar is an annual educational event organized by Urban Sketchers Chicago. The goal of Seminar to celebrate and practice the art of on-location sketching in our beautiful and artful city – Chicago. We hope to bring a Symposium-like experience, on a much smaller scale, to our chapter and our friends from other locations. Seminar offers exciting workshops and opportunities for participants to network and socialize. This year Seminar will offer 18 workshops taught by USk Chicago instructors as well as instructors from the U.S. and Canada. Seminar is designed to help absolute beginners and experienced artists alike develop the sketchbook habit, try new things, and practice sketching in public. Workshops will be taught on the sidewalks and in the parks of Chicago, giving ample opportunity for you to practice sketching the motion of this city. We hope you’ll join us!
This is our 5th Seminar. Previous Chicago Sketch Seminars were held in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2018.
Mais informações sobre o Blog do Seminário de Chicago: https://chicagosketchseminar.wordpress.com
CHICAGO SEMINAR WORKSHOPS
1. Aaron Elswick — Fake It Till You Make It: Sketchin’ Like You Don’t Care
2. Alex Zonis & MJ Ernst — Fountain Pen World
3. Amy Larsen — Sketching on the iPad with Procreate and the Apple pencil
4. Barbara Weeks — Watercolor: Focused, Fast, and Fun
5. Brian Wright & Suzala Zahler — Composition Tells the Story!
6. Gabriel Campanario — Chicago in Your Pocket Sketchbook
7. Jenny Zhang: Let Lines Walk on Paper — Cityscape Sketch with Loose Lines and Light Color
8. Jingo de la Rosa — Think with your hands!
9. Joann Harling Larsen — Demystifying drawing people in urban landscape
10. John A Hancock — Richness and Simplicity w/Ink Pen & Brush-pen
11. Lisa Flahive — Capturing Chicago’s Rhythm and Energy
12. Marek Badzynski — Chicago Skyline with Fude nib and Water-soluble Graphite
13. Mark Jones — Go BOLD with Color Pencils!
14. Nishant Jain — Be Sneaky: Sketching People To Liven Your Urban Landscape
15. Paul Heaston — Umbrella Perspective, Chicago Style!
16. Paul Ingold — Light & Shadow – Urban Sketching with pen and Watercolor
17. Shari Blaukopf — Bare bones: exploring limited palettes in watercolour
18. Wes Douglas — Urban Uglies: how to make beautiful sketches out of those areas most people overlook